Last updated February 13, 2020
What kind of information do we collect?
We may collect information that does not identify You, as listed below.
Information collected automatically
- • Device information: may include information specific to Your mobile device (e.g., OS Version, hardware model, unique device identifier, mobile network information); information about Your logging in, use of features, functions, or notifications on the device. We also collect and use Your Apple Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and Google Advertising ID (AAID) to recognize Your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are not permanently tied to Your device and, depending on Your operating system, You can reset it through Your device settings.
- • Usage information: information about the use of the App, such as frequency of use, engagement with particular features, which sections of the App user visits and common use patterns.
• Microphone access: to use certain features in the App you may allow us to access your microphone. Such features include the following: sleep analysis, motion, voice and snore detection and measurement. ALL THE DATA OBTAINED THROUGH THE MICROPHONE ACCESS IS STORED ON THE DEVICE ITSELF. WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO AND DO NOT SHARE THIS DATA WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES. YOU CAN DELETE THE FILES YOU HAVE STORED IN THE APP BY USING THE AVAILABLE DELETION FUNCTIONS. Depending on your device, Apple and Android system will ask for your permission before allowing us to access the microphone, which you can refuse.
Note: Information about a third party
If You have a room mate or bed partner (“a third party”), You must have their consent for possible detection and measurement of their voice and/or snore through Your use of our Service. By using the App You warrant that You had obtained such consent before allowing us to access the microphone.
- • Location: IP address, time zone, mobile service provider.
- • Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data stored on Your device used as an anonymous unique identifier. Please note that cookies commonly do not contain personal information. This Service does not use these cookies explicitly.
What do we collect this information for?
- • enhancing Your user experience on our Application by operating, maintaining, and providing You with all of the content and features of the Service;
- • managing Your account and providing You with customer support. We may use Your Personal Information to respond to Your requests for technical support, Service information or to any other communication You initiate (“customer support purposes”);
- • performing research and analysis about Your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others (“analytics purposes”);
- • communicating with You via email, push notifications, reminders and/or through other digital methods about products or services that may be of interest to You either from us or other third parties. You can opt out of receiving push notifications by changing the settings on Your device;
- • detecting and resolving any fraud or other illegal or undesirable user behavior;
- • taking legally required actions.
With whom and what do we share this information for and how may we disclose it
I. Service Providers
We may share Your Personal Information with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf, such as our authorized service providers or analytics providers. In general, the third-party providers engaged by us will only collect, use and disclose Your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us, e.g. facilitating our Service and analyzing how our Service is used. Please note that they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
You can learn more about service providers with whom we may share Your Personal Information as described above hereunder, along with links to such service providers privacy policies, which we recommend You read:
Amazon Web Services
We use Amazon Web Services, which is a hosting and backend service provided by Amazon, for personal data hosting and enabling our Application to operate and be distributed to its Users.
We use AppsFlyer for analytics purposes, specifically for research and analysis of users interaction with the Application.
Appsflyer helps us to understand, in particular, how users find our App (for example, which advertiser served an ad that led You to our App in AppStore or GooglePlay). Appsflyer also provides us with different analytics tools that enable us to research and analyze Your use of the Service.
In order to receive these services from Appsflyer, we share such data as:
• device type and model, CPU, system language, memory, OS version, Wi-Fi status, time stamp and zone, device motion parameters and carrier (“Technical Information”);
• IP address (which may also provide general location information), User agent, IDFA (Apple identifier for advertisers), Android ID (in Android devices), Google Advertiser ID and other similar unique identifiers (“Technical Identifiers”);
We use Amplitude for analytics and customer support purposes, specifically to understand how customers use our App.
As for analytics purposes, Amplitude helps us to understand, in particular, how users find our App (for example, which advertiser had delivered an ad that led You to our App in App store). Amplitude also provides us with different analytics tools that enable us to research and analyze Your use of the Service, which helps us to decide what Application features we should focus on.
As for customer support purposes, Amplitude helps us to respond to Your requests for technical support. For example, it enables us to track Your interaction with our App in order to detect particular technical issues with the App.
In order to receive these services from Amplitude, we share such data as:
• Platform, device type (phone or tablet), device family, country, city, region, carrier, OS, time zone, language, IP Address, locale, referral source (“technical information”);
• Your interaction with the App (i.e. taps on the particular screens) and age, gender, email, (“user related information”);
• Unique identifiers (such as IDFA).
Amplitude is EU-US Privacy Shield certified, which you can verify and learn more about here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001XZAAY&status=Active .
Firebase is an analytics service provided by Google, which helps us understand our audience best, analyze, customize and improve our Application for You.
With the Firebase help we can collect and analyse the following information regarding Your activity on Our Application:
• Application crashes;
• Users retention;
• Users quantity (active users; daily users; monthly users);
• Users in-app purchases;
• Audience information (location; device; demographics; interests);
• Users engagement (per session).
We also use Firebase Remote Config feature to track and analyse our Application users behavior, for instance, how they react to changes of the App structure, text or any other component. Firebase Remote Config is an A/B testing and configuration service provided by Google, which also enables us to tailor the content that our Application users see.
Amazon Mobile Analytics
We use Amazon Mobile Analytics, which is an Amazon service for collecting, visualizing and understanding app usage data at scale, to learn and analyse how Our App is being used.
With the Amazon Mobile Analytics help we can collect and analyse the following information regarding Our Application:
General – monthly active users; daily active users; new users; daily sessions; sticky factor; 1-day retention; average revenue per daily active user; daily paying users; average revenue per paid daily active user;
Active users – tracking how many users engage with our App daily and monthly and to monitor their stickiness to improve engagement, appeal and monetization;
Sessions – tracking how often our App is used on a given day and how often each user opens our App during a day;
Retention – tracking the rate at which users come back to our App on a daily and weekly basis;
Revenue – tracking in-app revenue trends to identify areas for monetization improvement.
In order to receive these services from Amazon Mobile Analytics, we share such data as:
Daily active users, monthly active users and new users;
Sticky factor (daily active users divided by monthly active users);
Session count and average sessions per daily user;
Average revenue per daily active user and average revenue per paid daily active user;
Day 1, 3 and 7 retention and week 1, 3 and 7 retention.
II. Law enforcement agencies and other public authorities
III. Third parties as part of a merger or acquisition
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Information on customers is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g. parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information in the course of a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We recommend that You read all the privacy policies indicated above so You can understand the manner in which Your Personal Information will be handled by these providers.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for Your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that You read their privacy policies so You can understand the manner in which Your Personal Information will be handled by these providers. For example, Apple and Google may be two such third-party companies that provide payments and they can be contacted through their websites: https://www.apple.com and https://play.google.com.
International Data Transfers
Please note that our business is global, so when You provide Personal Information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in different countries around the world.
If You reside in the European Economic Area, please note that we take all adequate security measures to provide suitable safeguards due to data transfer to third countries. Our sub-processors located in such countries are also bound by respective data transfer agreements between them and us to provide all available legal security measures in regard to data privacy. Should You have questions concerning data transfer to third countries please contact us at email@example.com. Subject to applicable law, we may charge for this service and will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable, and in any event, within the time limits prescribed by law.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
If You would like to update or correct any information that You have provided to us through Your use of the Service, You may use the Service to do so. If You need help with rectification of data You think is inaccurate, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also change certain Personal Information in Your account by going to the “Settings” menu and editing Your account or sending an email request to us at email@example.com.
You can make a request to erase Your Personal Information through the ‘Settings’ menu of this Application. Please note that it may affect the Services provided, and You will not be able to use the full scope of the Services. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but it may remain in our archives due to legal obligations. Should You require the deletion of such personal information from our archives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may be required to keep such information in our archives and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with Your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Please also note that the erasing of Your Personal Information does not mean the automatic cancellation of Your subscription or refund of Your payments.
You can make a request to receive the Personal Information related to You through the ‘Settings’ menu of this Application. Should You make such a request, You will be required to provide us with an email address, which we would be able to send Your Personal Information to. Please note that You confirm and guarantee that the email address You provide to us in order to receive Your Personal Information shall belong to You and You shall be solely responsible for its correctness and validity and therefore we shall in any case not be liable for any breach of Your Personal Information due to sending it to that email address.
If You reside in the European Economic Area You may object to the processing of Personal Information concerning You for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com and the related Personal Information shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Please note that You may also opt out from collection of Your data for marketing and advertising purposes not only via our App, but also on Your entire device using:
Your device settings
iOS: go to “Settings” -> “Privacy” -> “Advertising” -> “Limit Ad Tracking”. You may additionally reset Your advertising identifier (this also may help You to see less of personalized ads) in the same section.
Android: for Android 6.0 and higher – go to “Settings” -> “Google” -> “Ads” -> ”Opt out of interest-based ads”. For Android 5.2 and lower, use Google Settings app -> “Ads” -> ”Opt out of interest-based ads”. You may additionally reset Your advertising identifier (this also may help You to see less of personalized ads) in the same section for both options mentioned.
and links below:
• Network Advertising Initiative – http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
• Digital Advertising Alliance – http://optout.aboutads.info/
• Digital Advertising Alliance (Canada) – http://Youradchoices.ca/choices
• Digital Advertising Alliance (EU) – http://www.Youronlinechoices.com/
• DAA AppChoices page – http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
Please note that the result of such objection or cancellation may affect the process of the Services improvement. However, You would still be able to use the App.
If You think that the Personal Information related to You is inaccurate but You can’t rectify it as described above, You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to restrict the processing of such data for the period of time we need to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information, which we will inform You of.
You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application from Your mobile device. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of Your mobile device or via the Application marketplace or network.
How We Secure Your information
Security is our highest priority. Our App has been designed with Your security and privacy in mind.
• We protect the security of Your information by using encryption protocols and software;
• We aggregate and pseudonymize all of the Users Personal Information;
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information;
• We employ Personal Information systematic backups, which are intended to reduce the risk from disk crashes and errors, such as accidental information deletion.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we make all reasonable efforts to prevent it. However, You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure.
Please note that we do not collect and we are not responsible for the collection or security of Your payment details.
This Service does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we shall take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account. If You are a parent or a guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
We will retain Your information for as long as the Application is installed on Your mobile device or as needed to provide You with our Service. If You remove the Application, we will remove Your information and use copies of Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including for tax and accounting purposes), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.